What is Imigran FDT used for?
Imigran is used to help relieve the painful symptoms of migraine which can include:
- Severe throbbing headaches
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sensitivity to sound, light, smell
Imigran does not prevent migraine attacks or reduce the number of headaches you have, but when taken at the first sign of a migraine headache, Imigran can help ease the symptoms of migraine.
Imigran FDT tablets are designed to dissolve faster than the standard Imigran tablets.
- Proven & effective relief of migraine pain
- Fast disintegrating tablet
- Dissolves 5 times faster than standard tablets*
What is the Active Ingredient of Imigran FDT?
The active ingredient in Imigran FDT tablets is sumatriptan succinate (50 mg per tablet).
This type of medicine belongs to a group of drugs called serotonin agonists.
How should I take Imigran FDT?
Imigran FDT is a tablet and should be taken by mouth and swallowed whole with water (don’t crush or chew the tablet as it has a bitter taste).
When should I take Imigran FDT?
It is best to take your Imigran FDT:
- When your migraine headache begins or
- When other symptoms of your migraine begin, such as nausea (feeling sick), vomiting or your eyes becoming sensitive to light.
If you take your tablet later during the migraine attack it can still work for you.
Do NOT take your Imigran tablet before the above symptoms occur.
Who shouldn’t use Imigran FDT?
DO NOT take Imigran if:
- You are allergic to sumatriptan succinate or any other ingredients it contains. You can check all ingredients here in the Consumer Medicines Information (CMI) leaflet.
You should not take Imigran with certain other medications or in certain medical conditions. Check with your pharmacist or doctor first before taking Imigran.
Do Imigran FDT contain lactose or gluten?
Imigran FDT tablets are lactose-free.
What is the recommended dosage for Imigran FDT?
The recommended starting dose for adults is one 50 mg tablet.
If the first Imigran tablet helps your migraine, but the migraine comes back later, you may take another Imigran tablet — but do NOT take more than six tablets in any 24-hour period (total of 300 mg).
You may take your usual headache relief medication provided it does not contain ergotamine or methysergide. If you are not sure what to do, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Do NOT take more Imigran tablets, or any other form of Imigran, if the first dose did not provide any relief from your symptoms.